Corporate image - The importance of your company logo design.
What is a logo?
A logo is a set of symbols, shapes, colors and letters, which are associated with a brand and reflect its corporate identity.
The logo will be present in any interaction between the company or product and the customer, before the sale, during the sale, during the use of the product, and possibly at the beginning of the next cycle.
The logo can affect this process, making it easier or harder. Hence the importance of paying close attention to the design of the public image, so that it is attractive and professional, and can be easily identified and remembered.
What characteristics should a good logo design have?
When examining several proposals for the design of a logo, we must find that they meet several conditions, of which there are three that are fundamental. To work well for a particular company, a logo must be:
1. A good logo design must be Memorable.
The client must be able to remember the logo after seeing it, and must be able to remember the company he represents. It helps that you have some detail that makes it special, that attracts attention.
2. A good logo design must be Relevant.
The logo must be able to represent your company, and be somehow specific to it. Although it is possible to have a completely abstract logo, it is much better if you express something important.
3. A good logo design must be unique.
Your logo must be reasonably different from any other in your neighborhood and market. The logo serves to identify you, not to confuse you.
Once it has been verified that the logo meets the three fundamental conditions, it can be refined a little more. It is interesting that a logo is:
1. A logo must be Simple.
One of the golden rules: the simpler (less shapes, less colors), the better. A simple logo is easier to remember, cheaper to print, easier to combine.
2. A logo must be Original.
Although there are fashions that tip designs in certain ways, it is advisable to have a completely different logo in the style of other brands, as it will not help you to differentiate yourself from the competition. An original logo design will help give the company a new and attractive commercial image.
3. A logo must be practical.
The logo may have to be reproduced in a multitude of materials (paper, fabric, plastic, glass, etc.). It should allow for enlargement and reduction, and representation in gray and black and white, retaining its readability and without losing the details.
4. A logo must be consistent.
A good logo design must be consistent with the rest of the company's image. Keeping a uniform color palette and a specific aesthetic will contribute to the success of your applications.
5. A logo must be adapted to the audience.
The logo must adapt to the target audience in terms of aesthetics, contents, colors, etc. Each consumer profile - children, teenagers or adults, for example - will require special treatment and visual content adapted to their consumption preferences.
6. A logo must be Professional.
A professional graphic design conveys a feeling of solidity and solvency that extends to the company represented by the logo.
7. A logo must be durable.
It is interesting to note that the logo does not go out of style quickly. The design can be modern without being too "fashion" and thus avoid having to redesign it too soon.
tips, web, tricks, web design tricks, web design tips, positioning, positioning tricks
More about logo design:
- Branding and enterprise image desing
- Ideas and examples of branding and corporate image design
- Design of original business cards
- Corporate identity manual
- Ideas and examples of corporate image manual
- Creative ideas to design a logo.
- Creative ideas for black and white logo design.
- 10 reasons or reasons to change the corporate image of the companya.
- 45 tips and tricks for the design of professional logos.
- The importance of typography (fonts) in the corporate image.
- The importance of the logo
- 18 tricks to make a successful PowerPoint presentation.
More about corporate image design and brand creation
- Ideas and examples corporate image design
- Design original and spectacular business cards
- Logo design and branding
- Creative ideas to logo desing and branding
- Ideas and examples of logo design for restaurants, cafes, bars and pubs
- Ideas and examples of logo design inspired by mice
- Ideas and examples of logo design inspired by ladybugs
- Ideas and examples of rocket-inspired logo design
- Ideas and examples of logo design inspired by bottles
- Ideas and examples of black and white logo design
- Ideas and examples of logo design with numbers
- Ideas and examples of logo design with hats
- Ideas and examples of logo restyling